Saturday, March 20, 2010

Fire destroys his bakery



Tönisvorst - This has it in the 104-year tradition of the bakery have Steeg in Tönisvorst not there before!
Baker Stefan Steeg (48) can no longer bake bread. Fire and smoke that paralyzed his bakery.
Monday night, 2.45 clock, heard a resident of the street Willicher a bang. From the window he saw the firelight near the bakery Steeg. Burning garbage and a garage. The fire brigade was alerted.
 Although the bakery was spared by the fire, pulled the poisonous fumes into the shop and the bakery. Baking products had to be destroyed. The phone line was broken, and an electric supply was no longer present.
 Stefan Steeg (48) to EXPRESS: "Currently, nothing works. I need to detoxify before the bakery and the shop and collect new blankets. So I can sell at least in my office next to the flyover, helps me out a foreign colleague.
Of 20 people I sent about half on holiday. How many days take decontamination, renovation, I can not leave yet. Thank God I'm insured against business interruption. "
The police is based on arson. Police spokeswoman Antje Heymann: "The fire destroyed the garage crop, damaged a parked car. Soot and heat damage there was in the bakery with a café. Two homes were evacuated. Thank God nobody was hurt. "
Baker Steeg Stefan Willich Street operates at its main plant, on the highway or a branch. "How high the damage is, I can not anticipate. But he is certainly in the tens of thousands. I hope my customers will remain loyal. "